Something leaving small animal parts at my door!

Page 2 of 2

Or, if you live in the boonies, that cat might have just been abandoned by asshole "owners" who think that dumping a cat near an old barn is "fine". The only thing I like about the very old barn closest to my property having been converted into a McMansion is that no one drives by and dumps out pregnant cats anymore. Used to be a monthly occurrence. Some of my best cats arrived in that fashion, by that barn, but I'm happy that no one else will be abandoned out here just because city dwellers are lazy morons. Obviously not every person who lives in a city is a lazy-animal-dumping-moron, but still. Just because there's a "barn", doesn't mean that DOMESTICATED animals can live there, out on their own, with no help, in upstate NY, year round. Again, MORONS!
I live in the suburbs and have been here since the place was built seven years ago. Outdoor cats don't last long; they become coyote food. With a number of foreclosures nearby, it could very well be an abandoned cat trying to bribe me. :)

So take it in for doG's sake!
Val Gal wrote:

Sounds like you pissed off the neighborhood witch. I'd check for a pentagram painted in goat's blood. You don't live in Louisiana do you?
Quit complaining, it's FREE MEAT !!!! Make yourself some stew.
You propbably got a pet cat too !!! They leave treats for people they like....
On Sun, 23 May 2010 07:40:37 -0700 (PDT), Val Gal

Val Gal wrote:

Oh, that's Obama's latest governmental bailout program program.

You have a cat that likes you?
Jimmie
On Sun, 23 May 2010 07:40:37 -0700 (PDT), Val Gal

Put up a sign.
No Trespassing.

Sounds like a Voodo ritual. Put out some food.

If you find a fish wrapped in newspaper then I would say you have grounds to be concerned.
Val Gal wrote:

I returned home from work and my Weimaraner was chewing on something. It turned out to be a deer leg and I had a vision of a three legged deer hobbling around in the woods. I suppose some hunter tossed it out some where but I never did figure out where my dog got the darn thing. He sure was proud of that leg, it kept him occupied for quite a while.
TDD

re: "I returned home from work and my Weimaraner was chewing on something. It turned out to be a deer leg "
I was doing stuff in the front yard the other day and noticed my dog chewing on something. I thought it was one of his Dingos or rawhide bones, so I didn't bother myself with it. After he went inside I walk past where he was playing and found out it was a chipmunk.
I suspect my cat had killed it and left behind the bushes and the dog pulled it out. It was all slimy, but intact.
Yesterday, my wife was in the backyard with the dog and asked me to please remove the dead rabbit so the dog would stop playing with it.
My cat has obviously been busy!
Val Gal wrote:

It's a cat, probably abandoned, trying to get in your good graces.
The cat's just doing the best it can, but doesn't have a lot of tools to work with.
Kitty doesn't know you'd prefer an Ipod.

hehe-- But they must listen a little. Our outside cat used to leave us little bits from time to time. Hearts, gallbladders- a foot or two.
But one Mother's Day it left an entire intact mink on the stoop. Mommy wasn't too impressed with the 'rat' the cat left at the door until I told her it wasn't a rat, but a mink.
Great hunter outside-- but it apparently thought we had dibs on the inside mice. When she died & we tossed 'her' chair- we found it full of cat food in places that cats could never get to.
Jim