Some Unusual Home Repair Businesses

I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at www.500ways.com. If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff
On 3/11/2011 11:57 AM, Jeff wrote:

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other coin operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy people who have them.
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:36:40 -0500, Tony Miklos wrote:

Great for predators to attract children!
On 3/11/2011 7:02 PM, Michael Dobony wrote:

Yes that does worry me, fortunately most of them are in a family setting and not just a single guy.
I just got a call from a customer in Princeton, NJ. Asking if I can fix his antique juke box next time I'm up in PA visiting family. I only charge the travel time from where I am in PA to the job, he'll pay about $250 for me to get to his front door and back, plus the repair. Funny thing is he wasn't my customer when I lived in PA, he found me after I moved down here in TN.
On 3/11/2011 2:36 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

do you have any old mechanical pinball machines for sale?
--
Steve Barker
On 3/11/2011 7:55 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

No. Most of the time I'm not a great salesman so I try to stay away from sales. Oh, I do suppose you mean "electro-mechanical" they were made from the 1930's to the late 1970's. Big difference over the years. I have worked on some that are strictly mechanical also, quite rare. If I run into a really good deal I may buy it and sell it "as is". No one wants to pay me for all the time I put into a machine with a warranty.
On 3/11/2011 7:44 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

yes, i meant electro-mechanical. I had one when i was about 10 to 14 i had bought off a friend for $2. I had more fun with that thing. I'll bet it had about a thousand screw in oblong bulbs.
--
Steve Barker

Where is a good place to get pinball rubbers these days I have two Mata Hari pinballs the electromechanical and the electronic version I want to clean up. I could also use some of the trifurcated pins to rebuild the power connectors.
Jimmie

You can ask at rec.games.pinball
Steve Barker wrote:

Here's a place in Southampton, PA that sells them. They also host birthday parties etc. at their facility.
http://www.tntamusements.com/
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:57:06 +0000 (UTC), Jeff wrote:

Pull out the third one under Advice, Coaching, Counseling. That can be dangerous for both the chooser and the counselee if not called there.