Some Unusual Home Repair Businesses

I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at

If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other coin operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy people who have them.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Great for predators to attract children!

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Pull out the third one under Advice, Coaching, Counseling. That can be dangerous for both the chooser and the counselee if not called there.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

do you have any old mechanical pinball machines for sale?

Reply to
Steve Barker

No. Most of the time I'm not a great salesman so I try to stay away from sales. Oh, I do suppose you mean "electro-mechanical" they were made from the 1930's to the late 1970's. Big difference over the years. I have worked on some that are strictly mechanical also, quite rare. If I run into a really good deal I may buy it and sell it "as is". No one wants to pay me for all the time I put into a machine with a warranty.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

yes, i meant electro-mechanical. I had one when i was about 10 to 14 i had bought off a friend for $2. I had more fun with that thing. I'll bet it had about a thousand screw in oblong bulbs.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Yes that does worry me, fortunately most of them are in a family setting and not just a single guy.

I just got a call from a customer in Princeton, NJ. Asking if I can fix his antique juke box next time I'm up in PA visiting family. I only charge the travel time from where I am in PA to the job, he'll pay about $250 for me to get to his front door and back, plus the repair. Funny thing is he wasn't my customer when I lived in PA, he found me after I moved down here in TN.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Where is a good place to get pinball rubbers these days I have two Mata Hari pinballs the electromechanical and the electronic version I want to clean up. I could also use some of the trifurcated pins to rebuild the power connectors.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

You can ask at rec.games.pinball

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Here's a place in Southampton, PA that sells them. They also host birthday parties etc. at their facility.

RogerT