Solar lighting with separate solar cell

I'm looking at trying to put one or two solar powered lights under some steps on my deck. Obviously, there is little sunlight that would fall on them there, so I'd want to mount the actual solar cells about 2-3 feet away on the outside of the railing.
Is there a "decent looking" solution to this? I haven't found anything suitable at either big box stores, or one or two electrical places. I just want a decent light fixture, and a decent solar cell, and some wire to connect them.

I would probably use the 45 watt solar cell from harbor freight..200 bucks or so and a marine deep cycle battery. You would have plenty of power for the lights and would be able to add more in the future.

I believe there is a motion activated light that has the solar cell separate from the light/sensor.