Snowblower stalls out when warm/hot?

Page 2 of 2

it is a 4 stroke...so see if the oil is low? I don't think so...
* Insulation on ignition coil going weak * Vents on gas cap clogged * Valve clearance (Requires diassembly of engine to fix this) * Fuel line too close to engine, vapor lock * Dirty cooling fins, engine overheating * Old, bad motor oil losing its lubricating ability
With a 25 year old Tecumseh, my guess is valve clearance.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Howie" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
that old,,i bet it has ignition points and condenser and may need them changed. i would take carb bowl off and be sure its clean insidetoo,tighten head bolts.. lucas
tecumseh rep said is ok to use 0w30,5w30,10w30 synthetic in tecumseh snow blower engines. i use it in my tecumseh 7 hp tiller engine and it got more power .. lucas
that idea about the valve clearance is a good possability too.