* Insulation on ignition coil going weak
* Vents on gas cap clogged
* Valve clearance (Requires diassembly of engine to fix this)
* Fuel line too close to engine, vapor lock
* Dirty cooling fins, engine overheating
* Old, bad motor oil losing its lubricating ability
With a 25 year old Tecumseh, my guess is valve clearance.
Christopher A. Young;
"Howie" < firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
that old,,i bet it has ignition points and condenser and may need them
changed. i would take carb bowl off and be sure its clean
insidetoo,tighten head bolts.. lucas
tecumseh rep said is ok to use 0w30,5w30,10w30 synthetic in
tecumseh snow blower engines. i use it in my tecumseh 7 hp tiller engine
and it got more power .. lucas
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.