snaking the drain line again

well just successfully did it today unfortunately have it down to a science
could have had it rented and back in 60 min but it has a 4 hour min at about $39 so took a little extra time
same problem
about 60 feet down the line so i have to rent the 75 foot version
works every time
but
dec 01
aug 03
nov 03
tried the roebic stuff in dec 01 i thought i had it conquered even followed up in early jan 01 with back up
and then in aug after the last rooter
but apparently not the right ticket
seemed to be roots all the time
anyone have any thoughts, short of replacing 100 feet of line, basement line, with plastic? pipe liner? time-release root killer, pro-service that will come on a contract/guarantee?
anything?
bill
We had rooter twice/year for roots for several years the tried Root Kill and now use it twice/year and no rooter for several years. Plumbing section of HD is where I found it. Coppersomethingorother.
well i have some
plan on putting it down on a more or less continual basis to see if that will do it
copper sulfate
when this came up before i was searching for a product that might be like a toilet bowl cleaner that would sit in the tank and be a slow release thing over a month or so but could not find one
thanks
bill

I had to call RooterMan several times, but it didn't last. Eventually, I dug up the drainage pipe between the house and the septic tank -- collapsed under the walkway! I guess the rooter just chewed through the dirt enough to open it a bit, but it quickly collapsed again. I just replaced it with PVC. No problem in over a year.

roots everytime
wish it were that easy
If you continue snaking, please check out www.harborfreight.com and they have an electric snake on sale. About $170.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:21:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@nwlink.com wrote:

If it's roots, it's broken or leaking. If you want to keep chewing up roots go for it. If you want to fix it, bite down hard & replace it. Been there. It won't be cheap but it will be done.
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:21:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@nwlink.com wrote:

Did you use the one that has an inner and outer cable?...that come in 5' sections and hook onto each other?
Did you use a cutter blade on the line? It has teeth on it...is round...and looks like a hole saw. Its about the same diameter as the inside diameter of the pipe.
Are you running water down that line as you clean it?
Have a nice week...
Trent
Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

ran it down dry until i heard the sound of success glusheeeeeee
then turned the water on and backed it out and then for good measure ran it back all the way back out and home, water running
thanks

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:38:20 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@nwlink.com wrote:

It looks like part of yer problem is that you've never used the proper equipment.
The next time it plugs up...
They have a sounding device that fits on the head of the first part of the snake. It sends out a signal that can be read above ground. Get someone to run that for you first. That way, you'll know where the blockage problem is located. If needed, you can simply dig down in that area and fix that section.
Then try to get the equipment I mentioned. The first procedure is to run a point thru the blockage...then the cutter.
All this, of course, will not PERMANENTLY fix your problem. But you might be able to get a few years out of each cleaning.
Good luck.