Smooth finish with grout

I have some Polyblend sanded grout.
I would like to fill a small hole in the tile with it.
Is there a way to get a smooth finish with it ?
Thanks.
On 1/10/2013 8:00 AM, Andy wrote:

no. you'd need unsanded grout to get a smooth finish. can't you just replace that one tile and regrout the lines?
'Andy[_30_ Wrote: > ;2993965']I have some Polyblend sanded grout.

I would put some of your grout through a very fine sifting screen to remove the sand from it, and then use it to fill the hole.
After filling the hole and allowing the grout a week or so to dry, keep applying coats of a film forming acrylic grout sealer until you get a smooth surface over the grout.
Home Depot sells a faily good acrylic grout sealer made by Tile Lab called "Gloss Sealer & Finish".
--
nestork