Small wiring puzzle

Remote possibility? Interesting how we tend to say "Three way switch" even though each switch has only two positions and there ae only two of them. However don't think this has anything to do with OPs wiring question?
On 5/11/2008 12:06 AM terry spake thus:

It's a well-known misnomer. It should be called a "2-way" switch, as there are two switches controlling one device.
conversation with the average voter.
On Sun, 11 May 2008 14:08:23 -0700, David Nebenzahl

The way I heard it, the "ways" of a 3-way switch are the 3 devices that are wired (light and 2 switches).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com