Small Floor Buffer for waxed wood floors?

Can anyone recommend a basic, low-cost floor buffer for routine buffing of waxed hardwood floors please ??
Thanks for any tips !!
--James--

rent one.
op4_camper wrote:

small two headed buffer for about 100 to 200. they have several pads for them. the ones pros use are over 1000.
Never done it myself, but I don't see why you couldn't use one intended for automotive use (waxing your car)...Real cheap, like $20, but you wouldn't be able to stand up and use it..Worth a shot if you already have one you can try out.
Good idea, thanks !!
--James--
Never done it myself, but I don't see why you couldn't use one intended for automotive use (waxing your car)...Real cheap, like $20, but you wouldn't be able to stand up and use it..Worth a shot if you already have one you can try out.

You might take a look at the Hoover F4300 Floormax Supreme (or a similar machine). You would only need the buffer pads, of course. Not exactly for professional use, but for smaller areas it would work. I had one like this years ago and used it to buff the oak wood floors and clean, wax, and polish the vinyl tile kitchen floor. I was using it in a smallish apartment then. Not sure how it would work over a larger area.

Hoover makes a basic floor buffer. I have one and it works fine for small areas. The Hoover page only shows a model that has a detergent tank, but the one I have is a simple polisher. I think the newer model just has a tank slapped onto it. In any even, there are a number of brushes and polishing pads that can be used on wood floors. As strange as it sounds, I use mine to buff up my furniture after applying paste wax about twice a year. You can buff your dinning room table in a couple of minutes! http://www.hoover.com/db/xq/asp.hvrProductMain/CatID.4/SubID.17/ProdID.134/ModID.674/qx/F4300.htm
You can also page through this Froogle search to see what is available: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=floor+polisher
Thanks very much for these replies !!
--james--
James Nipper wrote:

You see, the type that you buy, they weigh about fifteen pounds, and have pads about big enough to polish your teeth.
Go to the hardware, and rent a thirteen incher.