Sliding door update

A couple of weeks ago I asked about sliding patio doors. We looked at a few and decided on Marvin. Seems well made and should outlast me.

We did look at Pella,but decided against them. I did not like the idea of rewarding them for my door failing. Provia was mentioned, but the dealer is some distance away and the price was estimated to be much higher than I wanted to spend.

The local Marvin dealer is a three location lumber/home store with a good reputation. It will be a few weeks for delivery so I;m hoping for a mild day or two in January to get it installed. This is the main door for us as it is much easier to use than the front or back entries.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanx for the follow up. I'm sure you will be pleased.

Reply to
Bobby R.

That's why my sister went with Anderson after every Marvin window in her house began rotting. They had come from a production run that had been treated with a bad batch of sealer. Marvin knew of the problem and told all of the affected customers, tough shit, sue the manufacturer of the sealer. Marvin and Anderson are both local manufacturers here, so Marvin's decision as how (not) to handle their defective products was huge news.

That's not to say that any of the other manufacturers would have handled it any differently. You really don't know until you have a problem.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan