Skunks breeding next door

Page 2 of 2

Phisherman wrote:

Skunks don't smell unless attacked or something scares the heck out of them? Even then, the skunk doesn't smell, but whatever attacked or scared them probably will. Well, they smell if crushed by a car or something.
I've had skunks living under my shed a number of times and only smelled them rarely, probably just before eaten by something or run over by a car. They never seem to stay around long? I've had dogs come home smelling like skunks many times though. I've even seen skunks kept as pets, with the smell glands supposedly intact... no smell, just don't piss them off...
Are you sure it's not a local dog that enjoys the smell and found a way to enhance the neighborhood aroma:-)
At any rate, a .22 short should work well.
--
Jack

http://www.critterbgone.com/shake_small.asp
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /

No amount of gloves and goggles would make me think it was a good idea to squirt smelly stuff on a skunk. They are better at this game than we are.

Um, you don't need to apply the ammonia directly to the skunk... just the area where they are hiding.
It'd be rare to see a skunk during the day anyway. They like to come out at the dim part of dusk.