sink won't drain

I have a sink in our bathroom that won't drain. I've ran a snake through it at least 10 feet and nothing seems to be blocking it. Seems like the snake reaches the main drain without any blockage. Could there be another problem. A neighbor mentioned a possible air vacuum block?
thanks.
Try a plunger. Fill the sink half full and plunge with vigor. TB

Have you tried plunging it? There are smaller versions of toilet plungers made to fit over sink drains. You have to block the overflow holes with a wet cloth while doing this. And, did this problem just begin?
Try using a shop vac on it. See if it gurgles when you flush a toilet if you think the vent is clogged or non existant.