Silicone caulk used on fascia board to be painted?

Roofer used silicone caulk to seal joints between newly installed fascia boards and to fill cracks in existing fascia. I noticed this when I went to prime the new wood and the paint wouldn't adhere.

Can anything be done to make this paintable, a special sealer or something; or does the caulk need to be scraped off?

Thanks.

Reply to
al

I have sometimes wondered about this, too.

The solution I came up with would be to apply a thin layer of paintable caulk (DAP Elastomeric Latex Sealant, for instance) over the offending caulk and then paint it.

Hope this helps.

Lewis.

*****

al wrote: