Silicone caulk used on fascia board to be painted?

Roofer used silicone caulk to seal joints between newly installed fascia boards and to fill cracks in existing fascia. I noticed this when I went to prime the new wood and the paint wouldn't adhere.
Can anything be done to make this paintable, a special sealer or something; or does the caulk need to be scraped off?
Thanks.
I have sometimes wondered about this, too.
The solution I came up with would be to apply a thin layer of paintable caulk (DAP Elastomeric Latex Sealant, for instance) over the offending caulk and then paint it.
Hope this helps.
Lewis.
*****