Shower Question

I hope this makes sense.
The previous owner sealed (grouted?) the bottom of the shower that touches the floor, on the outside.
So, between the linoleum and the base of the shower there is a sealed area that looks tacky. The linoleum is in great shape.
How can I hide this ugly seam? Is it proper to put a piece of moulding there? Any other ideas/questions?
I tried to re-do it, and it just looks tacky.
Many thanks!
Corinne
any kind of wood trim will not hold up there. you can get vinyl cove base and glue it on the shower. you can also get this rubber tape that is supposed to take the place of caulk in a place like that.
Just be sure to clean out the old caulking before covering it with anything. Dig it all out, then wash with bleach. This will kill any mold thats trying to get started there. When you have a moulding strip your happy with nail it in place, then recaulk both edges with a fine bead of kitchen and bathroom caulking. Make sure you buy the good stuff.. it's more expensive but well worth it.
Cheers
Thanks for this info.
I did dig out the old caulking, and replace with new, and I have done this in many homes before.
For some reason, they left an unusually wide gap. Off to Home Depot.
Thanks for the mold tip.
Corinne Cobra-WoW- wrote:

Thanks so much for this info.
Right now, I have a white plastic tubing placed there, and it has double-backed tape on it. Basically, it is used to hide electrical cords in.
I like the rubber tape idea and will check into it.
Corinne
marson wrote:

marson wrote:

I put down the rubber tape today, and love it.
Really appreciate your expertise. Thanks!
Corinne