Should I replace this ballast?

I have 4 2x4 shop lights I'm using as grow lights. One of them is much noisier than the others. Does the ballast look ok or should I replace it?
http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/ballast.jpg
That ballast doesn't look very healthy. I would definitely replace it just for safety's sake. Also, use gloves when you're handling it because it looks fairly old and probably contains PCBs. Not a good thing. If there is any residue left behind on the fixture, try and clean it off as best you can. A new ballast shouldn't be all that expensive for your lights.

But naturally it will cost more than the complete 2x4 shop light unit (tubes extra) on sale one aisle over.
You're probably right!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Ok, thanks for the reply