Should I buy steel reinforced washer hoses?

Just moved my washer to a new location and although the current hoses are rubber and fairly new..... wondering if it STILL wise to invest in steel mesh hoses?
What you guys do?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 6, 12:10 pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

It's cheap insurance and one less thing to worry about. OTOH, washer hoses are quite robust, rarely burst in common municipal pressure situations. If you have water hammer calming plumbing, stick with the rubber. If not, go for the reinforced hose, it's only a little $$.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 6, 3:10 pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

steel mesh hoses. Shut off supply lines when going out of town for periods of time. I had a burst one time, was home at the time - still a real mess before I caught it.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

to go. I speak from experience.
Add pictures here
✖

OK
Is any brand of steel mesh OK I guess?
Just buy whatever brand Lowe's or HD have?
Also, should I buy a water "pan" to set under washer as well?
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes:

I don't know - I bought steel mesh hoses at Home Depot. About 3 years later, I noticed puddles of water under the washer. Turns out the steel hose was leaking from where the hose joins the fitting. I was really disappointed given the price they charge for those hoses.
Add pictures here
✖

The only washing machine leak I have ever had was with one of these hoses.
Jimmie
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:10:56 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Use the rubber hoses for 6 years, then replace them with reinforced and a one lever laundry shut off. Also, put a moisture alarm (about $12) near the washer.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 6, 12:10 pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

If you have to de-pressurize and re-pressurize the washer hoses to move the washer, then you should change them, especially if they are old. Also beware of the Home Depot hoses many of them are made to "look like" stainless braid but they are really silver-colored nylon braid. These hoses are a big ruse and a rip off to make you think you are getting stainless when you are really getting a cheap rubber/nylon hose that looks stainless, HD should be ashamed and called-out on this deception. Go to Menards where all their hoses are truly stainless braid. Or get the more expensive HD hoses with the flow breakers, those are actually stainless.
Add pictures here
✖
depends on your washers location........
in a basement with a floor drain where a burst hose cant do much damage the braided steel line is fine.
on a second floor where a flood can bring down cielings below..........
use the braided lines, drip pan and add a wall mount solenoid valve so the lines are only pressurized when the washer is running.
Add pictures here
✖
bob haller wrote:

ago, about a huge water bill, which I believe was a sprinkler that leaked underground and cost multi-thousands for the water usage and some structural damage.
Add pictures here
✖

All that work and you want to cheap out? Not worth the risk when you have the ability to do better.
Add pictures here
✖

As soon as you finish reading this, go buy steel reinforced hoses. They are well worth the money, and if you've ever come home from a vacation to a blown hose, you know what I mean.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖