Short of rehanging a door, is there a quick way to make it NOT close on its own ?

I have a door which id like to stay open when i open it, but it slowly closes. I know i could put something under the door to hold it open fully, but, is there a trick or tip to keeping it open without having to re-hang it ?

take one of the pins out and very slightly bend it.

I have often wished that somebody would come up with a spray can of "instant rust". Would be handy on the hinges and many other uses.
Ivan Vegvary
I sense that there is something really totally funny to reply to "instant rust". But, I'm too tired and exhausted to think what that might be.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:54:46 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Bend a hinge pin. Start with the center one.
Requires the pin, a floor and a hammer.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Spring hinge. They come in spring open and spring close, you want the former.
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:50:41 -0500, Mike Paulsen

Or a magnetic doorstop.
On Apr 28, 7:39pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

A little adjusting of the top and bottom hinges may work, I use toothpicks under the hinges to cause/change the tilt of the door so the autoclosing stops, or starts if I want the door to close, like a bathroom door.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Or if it's an interior door, HW stores sell an inexpensive post & clip setup that screws into the trim board or wall and door.
Door stop.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Disconnect the closer?

What I do is remove on hinge pin and very slightly bend it (hammer in vise). Then replace it and it should prevent a door from gradually closing on its own.