Shifting Door Frame or Shifting Foundation?

I noticed that a dining room door that we never shut is out of square.
The house is on adobe.
What is the most likely explanation for the out of square door? Shifting door frame? Shifting foundation?

Assuming the door frame was built square, it is likely differential settling of parts of the foundation. If it is built on slab, we are talking major work. If built on pier and beam, jacking and shimming might do. If there are cracks in the wall starting at the upper two frame corners, that can be indicative of foundation subsidence.
If you're in Tucson, I'd say subduction. Foundation settling, etc.. Tom
Oops, I mean subsidence. Tom