Service Panel Replacement

How much does it cost to get a main service panel replaced? The guy here in Philadelphia, PA is asking $1600 for a 30 breaker slot, service panel. Is that a fair price? And what is a good service panel brand and model?

Thanks

Reply to
Hash

AS a reference, the cheap stuff here goes for about $1300 with permits and inspections, so in Philly, that sounds about right..

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

You do not mention the size (amps) or the service location (overhead/underground).

All of the OEMs sold in the states are about equal except for the color of gray paint.

You had better check with your authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) and the serving utility. They will have rules and rags that you will have to follow. You might need more wiring upgrades than the service.

Reply to
SQLit

I was advised to stay well clear of the Square-D "HomeLine" series, with the additional comment: "They should be ashamed to put their name on it." This from an employee of a store that was discontinuing the Square-D QO series in favor of the HomeLine series.

Perce

On 08/02/05 01:05 pm Hash tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

What year was that man? Seriously, the permits here are almost that and we are in hillbilyville

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Seems high to me. When I lived in Philly I had a new panel, breakers, new wire from the PE lines, had a couple of receptacles installed and it cost about $200.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

1966. Do you think prices have gone up much since then? :)
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

$1600 sounds reasonable to me. Call around. I got over the phone quotes of about $1000 for a smaller panel in Baltimore.

Reply to
scott21230