Septic Repair

The notion that a typical leach field is 30 sq ft is off by more than an order of magnitude, even for a small house.

He wasn't saying sq feet, he was saying feet square. 40x40 = 1600 sq feet. But your point is well taken - even that isn't up to current code in most places.

its futher complicated by perc tests, distance to wells etc. might need a mound system with pump.

Doh! My bad. I read it wrong. That size is in the ball park. Of course, the final size depends on the soil, perc test, etc. And even with a 1/2 acre lot you can run into problems because of reqts for distance from wells, setback, etc.
On 29 Mar 2007 17:07:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Square feet (not equal) feet square.