Septic Repair

Possibly. It's also possible that he'll be forced into replacing his existing dual chamber tank and standard field with one of the more high tech systems available today.

Reply to
Rick Blaine

Don:

Yes standards are "higher" now than when my system was first installed 37 years ago (I just checked how long), what did you expect. Snarky comments about taking over my neighbours is not a solution nor needed. While I could not rebuild a standard system because my drainage bed is trapped between the house, the street, my property line and the driveway, I could probably replace it with a high tech assisted, and expensive modern system. Although, I would probably just hook up to the new sewer system the town installed on my street once we resolve the dispute I and four other landowners are having over who pays for the lateral installation. They are trying to make us pay for full price while all other houses on the street were given laterals free. This is in Ontario, like you.

Reply to
EXT

I did expect higher standards but public sewer and water are not available and years from being so. Adding one of these high tech solutions would definatly cost and deture anyone from purchasing my home. Who wants to put up with that? There is absolutely no where else in my yard to install another leach field. My front yard in higher up than my backyard where the current leach field is and my side yard holds my well. So, I'm screwed I guess. I am glad I didn't call the inspector yet, they probabaly would have gone ahead and ordered a solution. Then again i'm sitll holding on to hope it's not as bad as I thought. Again, the liquid is gone from my backyard along with the smell. It's getting pumped Monday by an expert who can tell me EXACTLY what needs to be done, if anything.

Reply to
gmoneywilliams

Square feet (not equal) feet square.

Reply to
Goedjn

I don't know what snarky means.

As to unneeded, I wanted you to see the problem from the OP's pov. See below**

You're lucky if that's an option, but a lot of people still have no sewer to hook up to. ....I see that's the OP's situation.

AIUI, no one gets all posts, but I don't see a post by the OP that says he's in Ontario. And does all of Ontario have the same rules?

**As to unneeded, there is a constant flow of people here on one issue or another who think they have to do major overhauls no matter how simple the problem.

The AC doesn't turn on. I think I need a new AC.

The refrigerator is too cold. Should I get a new refrigerator? Or even, I think I need a new refrigerator.

I need new mechanisms, even though it hasn't been oiled. (This last one was toller and he probably has oiled them before posting, but we get other posts from people who actually haven't.)

So I don't want the OP to be convinced he has to get a new system if he doesn't have to.

And there are the many who plainly are trying to save money, and there are cheaper alternatives, but they are told to do things the "right way". I prefer the right way too, but many times people have to do less than that. A long time ago, when I repaired applicances and tvs, mostly for students, it bothered me too when they were oonly willing to pay for one symptom to be fixed, and didn't want to do it the right way, by fixing the other problems (which were a lot easier and cheaper to do when I already had the tv open.) But I kept reminding myself that they didn't have much money.

Reply to
mm