Seeking Recommendations for New AC/Heat Units

Hi, I'm thinking about replacing electric baseboard heating units and window air conditioners with central air/heat. no ductwork installed .during the 70's the original hot water radiators were replaced by electric baseboared heat. It's an 1150sq ft brick rowhouse.
Thanks,
Mike

What sort of unit should I be looking for? Isn't there new high efficieny units out there?

yup....
I take it you haven't talked to a local tech that can actually *SEE* what/where, etc.

Not the one in your mouth.

Better hurry. Winter is a-comin'!

So was there a question you wanted to ask?
Al wrote:

Hes asking what are his options. Now you can reply with your standard answer. Tell him to buy a new thermostat and then go lick a window.
Now if you for instance had a question. Id tell you to buy a new thermostat and go lick a battery terminal.
Mike,
what part of the country do you live in do oyou have a basement or an attic (how high) what forms of energy do you have oil, gas, electric how many stories is the house are you opposed to soffiting
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Bob, it's locTed about 30 mikes north of washing dc, end of group brick two story row house, 8' ceilings, w/ basement (about one half above ground walk out basement door), attic is a crawl space w/ entrance sealed, five double pane windows first floor including bay window in kitchen, (windows were upgraded around 1980), five windows upstairs, including bathroom window. (north, south and west exposure w/ large tree in front yard -north- that blocks lot of sun in the summer). Electric baseboard heat, gas heated water and gas stove. Energy rates were recently deregulated and there is a very high "energy delivery charge eg, my last gas bill was 7.64 commodity charge 16.xx delivery charge, electric also has a high delivery charge. What is soffiting?
Mike