Security Problem with AC in Window

I have a building with a room AC in a window. The window is 3x2' and is about filled with the AC unit when the lower window is pulled up. Although there is nothing overwhelmingly valuable in the building, it would be good to make the entry through that window more difficult. I think a good push or pull from the outside might knock the AC out of the window, and allow someone to crawl in. Any ideas?

I suspect windows without installed air conditioners are easier to enter than those with them. If that's true, most burglars will simply look for an easier target.
If you live in a high crime area, look into installing a motion detector alarm system.