securing laminate stair nosing

How is laminate nosing secured to the 3/4" plywood sub floor at the top of a run of stairs?

Reply to
youorganized

I used PL Premium or PL400 Construction Adhesive, works really well.

Reply to
SteveC

I use different methods for each situation, but in general here is what I do;

Dowels or biscuits, plus as much glue surface as possible. If I can, I will make a half lap joint on the plywood and the nosing and glue everything that way. Depends on what kind of nosing you have, the overhang situation, what the riser is made of, etc. I want my joints to last forever, so I use alot of glue (Titebond II), and as many mechanical fastening devices or methods as I can without compromising the integrity of either the nosing or the plywood.

Reply to
Robert Allison