Sears Refrigerator

Hello,

Ice dispenser question:

Does anyone know how to remove the Front Cover Housing (Part #21) from the front of a Sears Refrigerator?

It is shown in the illustration below.

There are two small slots under the lowest portion of this cover where some sort of tool might be inserted.

Is there a special tool required?

Or does anyone know the trick?

Thank You

Reply to
D Smith

I answered my own question by looking at other sites. This worked for me. Use at your own risk.

  1. Disconnect power cord from refrigerator.
  2. Tape thin cardboard under the cover to help prevent scratching of door.
  3. Use hair dryer to heat cover to help prevent cracking.
  4. Slide a putty knife under the cover and pry it off.
Reply to
D Smith