Sears RAS, need a manual or questions answered, model #113.29501

Well my neighbor was having a yard sale and the next day he gave me all that didn't sell, well anyway I brought home a Sears RAS 12 inch, he said it ran, but it didn't have a plug, so I put a plug on it, plugged it in and the motor turns but only at a very slow speed, could it be possible that this saw is a

220 volt (I hooked it up to 110).

Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model number

113.29501?

Can anyone explain the controls on the saw?

If this is supposed to be 220 volts can it be rewired to run on 110.

I'll write later with more questions on the bench top belt sander I also got.

Thanks All Bill

Reply to
Bill Becker

Go to the Sear's web site: They have parts lsits and manuals for many tools there. I used to use them all the time.

Whether it's 110 or 220 will be indicated on the nameplate and/or on the motor somewhere. Look and see. If it hummed and got hot on 110, it's very likely a 220 motor (yes, I know that sounds backwards; but ... it's the case). So don't leave 110 on it for long until you find out what its rated voltage needs to be. You can find out for yourself; just look for the markings.

Pop

Bill Becker wrote:

Reply to
Pop

Wow - what a deal! (What a neighbor!)

Anyway, could the blade or shaft be crooked somehow? If so, it might be grinding and thus turning very slowly, in which case you're in danger of burning up the motor. These machines can require quite a bit of calibration, which a manual could help with.

How old is the unit? Maybe someone will have something close enough to get you started.

Good luck!

Reply to
Squanklin

Nice neighbor!

Very possible that it's wired for 220. Slightly possible the motor is binding, although it would have to be bound up pretty bad to only turn slowly. I'd think there would also be a loud hum in that case and the thermal cutout would trip pretty quickly.

Explaining a RAS is a bit much for a Usenet post - whole books have been written about them. And as someone else posted, there are a lot of adjustments - you really need to do a bit of studying before proceeding.

Almost certainly. Your model # is very close to my 10" (113.29401)- probably the same vintage, doesn't mean the wiring is though. On mine, there are instructions on changing the voltage right on the nameplate on top of the motor.

If you can't find a manual I will copy mine for you for the cost of copying (about 20 pages) and postage. There's a lot of basic information in it that would be useful for any RAS.

Roger Grady snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.qlfit.net To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address

Reply to
Roger Grady
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Go to

and enter the model number.

All parts including the "OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS & PARTS LIST" can be ordered online and delivered to your door.

John

Reply to
John‰]

True, but the manual for the OP's saw (and for mine) are no longer available. I checked the Sears site before I made my post, but neglected to mention that fact.