Sears Radial Saw question

I just bought a new Sears Radial Arm Saw. My big question is: Does any body have any experience and suggestions with how to remove and replace the blade guard easily. The problem is that screw that has to be removed/replaced at the bottom of the inner blade guard? So far my efforts are very frustrating. It is so close to the teeth of the blade that it is almost impossible to get it in or out without getting alls scratched up on the blade. I have managed to do it several times now in process of installing the saw, but it sure isn't my favorite activity.
Also, is that laser tracker any use? I can see that it would be good if it showed you where the blade was going to cut, but it is off set to the side of the blade. That means that you need to make all your measurement off set. So I will probably just go ahead and keep on marking the board and then use the position of the blade as the guide.
Thanks,
Bill Gill

If you don't get a reply here, post on rec.woodworking

Is it adjustable? The lasers are of dubious value, IMO. It is supposed to show the kerf of the blade so you can see where the actual cut is made. That way, you put your cut line to one side or the other to make the cut. If it is at least consistant you still may be able to use it.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I rechecked it. It has a parallax problem. The laser isn't perfectly in line with the blade, so where it hits depends on how far from the blade hub the line is. It looks like it might almost work, but I don't think I would try to use it on any really precision work.
Bill Gill
I just barely touch the left side of the line on both my RSA and chop saw and it is dead-on.

Also post to rec.woodworking but be aware Sears is not looked on fondly by many in that NG.