Sealing Concrete Floor

Hi,

I would like to use part of the garage as a work area. What would you recommend to seal the concrete floor that will make cleaning easier? Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Shyamal

Reply to
Shyamal Mitra

Floor paint is an easy answer. Etch with muratic acid first and it'll hold just fine. I haven't used it, but when buying my paint last month I saw a floor paint specifically for garages that is suppose to wear well even with car tire traffic.

clyde

Reply to
Clyde Gill

I suggest the "epoxy" type garage floor paint. It works great for me.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Yea floor paint , but use oil base, or poly base, latex wont hold up under car tires

Reply to
mark Ransley

May I ask which brand do you use? I am setting up to epoxy 1200 sq. ft of basment floor but cannot decide which type of epoxy and where to buy it from. I am not willing to pull the trigger without some solid recommendations (it would be nice to hear from anyone who has had an epoxy coated floor for a long time - say 5 years or longer).

(but they did not respond to my e-mail, so they are automatically off the list due to the insult)

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim Vadek

i used the epoxy product from home depot in my basement (by rustoleum). they make a kit for garage and another one for basement. if i remember correctly the garage one has an additional step for removing oil and grease before applying, while the basement one was just a "wash the floor first" prep.

i was very impressed with the results and it was quite easy to do. can't vouch for the longevity, as i only did it a month or so ago, but it seems very durable. we're using it as the floor of our new work-out area. cost $35, cheap solution! it helps to have 2 people, one to roll & the other to toss the (optional) confetti.

--linda

Reply to
linda