School offers counseling for traumatized students who saw classmate chew breakfast pastry into shape of gun

A Baltimore area elementary school recently suspended a seven year old boy for chewing a breakfast pastry into a shape resembling a gun. There also seems to be some dispute over whether the boy said ?bang bang? after doing so (some also claim there might have been a second Pop-Tarter on the grassy knoll).

For any students who were traumatized by the frightening toaster strudel ordeal, counseling is available:

The school sent home a letter to parents saying, ?During breakfast this morning, one of our students used food to make inappropriate gestures that disrupted the class. While no physical threats were made and no one was harmed, the student had to be removed from the classroom.?

Parents should talk to their children if they?re troubled by the incident, the school said, and the school counselor will be available for any student who needs to talk.

It?s been pointed out that because the Pop Tart had a filling, the pastry weapon was likely considered to be loaded ? a much more egregious zero-tolerance violation indeed ? hence the suspension.

The letter sent to the parents of students is here. The educators will now undoubtedly insist that any Pop Tarts consumed on school property undergo a mandatory 24-hour cooling off period after coming out of the toaster.

Metspitzer

Another example of your country's voyage down the commode.

Your country is changing before your very eyes, yet you cannot see it.

You, each of you, are the unwitting agents of change.

And your guns will make no difference as a steam roller is crushing your rights, your freedoms - your sensibilities and rationality.

Am I right - Oren?

Reply to
Pillsbury Doughboy

Obviously we need the federal government to pay for two million more art teachers; union, of course.

Reply to
krw

No, HomoGay, you're never right.

Reply to
krw

A 7-year-old boy is suspended from grade school for "chewing a breakfast pastry into a shape resembling a gun".

Is that the American Way, KR Williams?

Is that what you do in the USA these days?

The parents are now facing a logistics problem with schooling for the boy.

Other parents and the wider community are given a stark message about how power and authority will deal with 7-year-old boys who "chew breakfast pastry into a shape resembling a gun".

And this is not an example of how your sensibilities and rationality are being steam-rollered in the USA?

Is this not an example of how your sensibilities and rationality are being stolen from you? Stolen from you - in spite of your "right to bear arms" ?

KR Williams - if I am not right, then are you proud of this situation and it's outcome?

Reply to
Pillsbury Doughboy

You don't have to repeat the whole article for everyone to know you're an idiot, HomoGay. We *all* got that message months ago.

Reply to
krw

You're accusing me of full-quoting?

Do you know how lame that makes you look?

Are you not embarrased by evading my questions?

Is this the new normal in the USA?

Are you proud that a 7 year-old American boy was suspended from school for chewing a breakfast pastry into a shape resembling a gun?

Does that make you proud to be an American?

Will you answer that question KR Williams?

Reply to
Pillsbury Doughboy

The US government has infinite money. Haven't you heard?

Reply to
krw

Well, ya gotta draw the line somewhere or the next thing ya know them little monkeys will be making nitroglycerine in chemistry class.

Seriously, I think everyone is in total agreement that "chewing a pop tart into the shape of a gun" is something ANY 7 year old boy would do, and that a suspension from school is a total over reaction to the situation.

Heck, when I was 7 years old, I had plenty of toy guns, as did every other kid on my block. But we all fully understood that they were only toys. So, I don't think any of the little children munching on lunch that day were at all traumatized by the pastry pistol. In fact, those kids probably didn't give the pop tart gun a second thought, but are probably scared out of their wits now that they see how little it takes for them to get suspended from school!

The problem is that there are adults who can't seem to grasp that even in the most strictly enforced "zero tolerance" environment which presently surrounds anything having to do with guns in schools, some incidents can still be so minor that they're best left ignored.

So, no. I highly doubt anyone in here is proud of that school's handling of the situation.

Reply to
nestork

Welcome to Amerika.

Reply to
CRNG

I'm wondering if the pop tart pistol could have been more effectively handled by just getting each teacher to tell their Grade 2 class at the beginning of each year:

"OK, children, here's the deal: Guns in schools is a really sensitive topic for the principal to deal with, so as long as no one chews their pop tart into the shape of a gun, I won't have to zap anyone with this electric cattle prod."

[image:

Occam's Razor: "The right answer is generally the simplest one."

Reply to
nestork

Accuse? Are you denying it, HomoGay?

Too funny!

Evading? You're lying, again, HomoGay.

What difference does it make to you HomoGay? Are you so useless that you have to look for other's faults? Don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question. We *ALL* know the answer, HomoGay.

The fact that *YOU* aren't, HomoGay.

BTW, HomoGay, do you really think I'm trying to hide my name? You are an idiot, but everyone has always known that, HomoGay. ...but I must be getting to you; you're flailing.

Reply to
krw

KR Williams @ att.net evaded:

You really have no idea what it means to "full-quote" a previous post?

Are you actually that dense?

You evaded my question by not answering it.

You evaded my question by not answering it.

You evaded my question by not answering it.

Reply to
Moe Guhy

KR Williams @ att.net spewed:

You have the conversation style of a 4-year-old.

But then again, we all knew that too.

When someone speaks disturbing facts or truths to children, children often lash out and scream "liar" in response. As you do frequently here.

It's interesting that you keep calling me a liar, when the evidence that I'm correct is plainly out in the open.

You do full-quote, and you practically always answer questions (not just my questions) with a question, which is an evasion tactic.

Very interesting that you keep coming back to using inapropriate terms like "lying" or "liar" when attempting to throw out an accusatory name or label.

You seems to want to classify many things (or people) as "lying" or liars, no matter how silly that looks.

My use of the Followup-To: mechanism to direct usenet replies to another group is not an example of "lying". Contrary to your incorrect statement (that I could call a "lie" but I don't) - the usenet newsgroup "alt.bullshit" does exist, and most of your posts belong there.

Either you have a very small vocabulary and you resort to calling someone a "liar" when you feel like spouting a derogatory remark or you believe they posted incorrect or wrong information, or you have a deep-seated psychological psychosis with lying.

Reply to
Home Guy

Refreshing to see you posting under your own nickname, HomeGuy.

But, just between you, me and KRW, I've learned from personal experience that no matter how much you cuss someone out, no matter how much you denegrate them and insult their intelligence, no matter how much you ridicule them on what they say and no matter how eloquently you explain to them just how stupid they really are, you still won't be able to bring them around to your way of thinking.

Don't know why not.

Reply to
nestork

You're an illiterate idiot, HomoGay.

IKYABWAI is about your speed, HomoGay.

I can't help it if you are a liar, HomoGay. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it is still the truth.

Only because you are, HomoGay.

You're an idiot. Not snipping full quoting. At least *rent* a clue.

Only because you are, HomoGay. It's not like anyone is surprised, though. Everyone knows it, with the possible exception of you. You probably "get it" too, but it's possible that you really are that dumb.

Only liars, HomoGay. ...which you certainly are.

Of course it is, HomoGay. You pretend to converse but being a petulant asshole, you try to redirect any reply elsewhere.

When you lie, I don't call you a swishy fruit. Though you are that too, HomoGay.

Reply to
krw