Scale Blaster

Anyone have experience with this unit or others like it?
http://www.scaleblaster.com/index.html
There's no practical way to install a conventional water softener in our new house. We're looking at alternatives where no water connection is required.
TIA
--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
✖

"ScaleBlaster'sTM signal cable produces an oscillating electric field using a unique and complex modulating frequency wave form that produces an inaudible sonic impulse that changes the electrical and physical properties of the scale-forming calcium molecules. This causes the adhesive properties of the calcium carbonate crystals and other minerals to repel rather than adhere to pipes, fixtures and remain suspended in the water. This action stops any further build-up of scale and because the solubility of the water is increased, existing scale is taken back into the water and gradually removed."
A sonic impulse that changes the physical properties of calcium molecules?
Sound like complete bullshit to me.

✖
On Tue 21 Jun 2005 09:19:03p, Dave Balderstone wrote in alt.home.repair:

Maybe so. I've read everything on their website. That's why I was asking if anyone had actual experience with a unit like this. Unsubstantiated opinions and conjecture prove nothing.
Thanks!
--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
✖
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Their theory is pure BS.
I really liked the part about the complex integrated circuit and two LED to prove the system is working. You can check your bank account to prove it worked (they got your money).
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
✖

Yep -- I had one of these plus one of the "catalytic precious metal" units installed in my house when I bought it. I had to replace all of the toilets because they were scaled up so badly -- not a very good testimonial for those things.

You are out of luck. All of these alternatives are nothing but quackery designed to separate you from your money.
http://www.chem1.com/CQ /
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed 22 Jun 2005 08:15:09a, Old Fangled wrote in alt.home.repair:

Yep, guess I'm doomed to hard water.
I really only wanted it for our dishwasher and clothes washer. I personally don't like to bathe in soft water and we prefer to drink bottled water.
--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
✖