sandfilter

I have just moved into a property that hsa a inground pool, I noticed that the multi selector valve was on recirculation and has been for 8 months since the pool was built when I put the multi valve on filtration none of the jets worked in the pool. Does anybody know whats wrong and how I can fix it. Many thank Tony
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 365092 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

If the selector doesn't allow water to pass when "Filter" is selected, I would think that the filter is clogged rather badly. When "Back flush" is selected, that sends water backwards through the filter to clean the filter. During a back flush, water is taken from the pool and pumped backwards through the filter removing debris. There should be a back flush hose or pipe connected to the control head somewhere to direct the water away from the pool. If that doesn't work either, I suspect that the control head is broken and you should contact a pool maintenance company for an assessment of the situation and for possible repairs.

that
of
Anomaly here: when the system is set on Backwash the pump moves pool water backwards through the filter (to clean it) and out to waste: thus: 1. In the long run the pool level falls. It cannot rise. 2. It is normal that there should be no bubbling etc. No water is being pumped back into the pool. 3. What is obviously missing (so far) is the backwash outflow. If the valve is functional, Backwash should be pumping water out of the pool (through the filter backwards). This is why fillters have a hose connected to the backwash port, to drain the outflow in a convenient direction. If you have no flow out of the backwash port, your control lever system is damaged.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs