Safe to Paint a Light Fixture?

I have several recessed (canned lighting in my ceiling) light fixtures in my family room. The interior of this fixture (reflector shield) is black.
They are not your normal 6" fixture, but instead measure 8" which I am finding is an odd size.
I would like to spray paint the reflector shields black.
Ace sold me Satin Krylon Fusion for plastic/metal.
I am concerned that this may be a fire hazard.
Can anyone advise me on this?
Many thanks.
Kate
Sorry, I meant to say I would like to paint the reflector shields white. They are black now.
Kate wrote:

On 3/1/2009 11:07 PM Kate spake thus:

By "reflector shield" you mean the inside of the can, correct?
No problemo painting it; after all, that's who it got the color it is. (Probably baked on, but still paint.) Obviously, you're going to let the paint dry first, right?
--
Any system of knowledge that is capable of listing films in order
of use of the word "fuck" is incapable of writing a good summary
David Nebenzahl wrote:

As someone else suggested, let the paint dry overnight before turning the bulb on. Should be fine.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

*It sounds as though you may have commercial cans instead of residential. If you can find a manufacturer's name somewhere inside you might be able to get replacement trims and reflectors. I suggest the use of a high heat paint for the interior as it can get quite hot inside due to eat build-up.
On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 06:15:09 -0500, "John Grabowski"

BarBQ paint of high heat exhaust paint (header paint" from automotive supplier would fill the fill.
You are right on. I just called Krylon before getting your post, and Krylon is not the right stuff.
Many thanks.
John Grabowski wrote:

Many models of recessed trims made by Lightolier, Progress, Atlite, and some others, have removable baffles that just snap out. This would make it very easy to spray them. I've done this several times and had great success. I agree with John Grabowski and would only use paint made for high temperature. Depending upon the model of the fixture, and the type and wattage of lamp installed, there is a potential for a concentration of heat very close to the baffle
You guys are great. Many thanks.
RBM wrote:

Kate wrote:

If you're worried about heat, you can call an automobile parts supply house and ask if they stock spray paint for exhaust manifolds. That type of paint is meant to withstand high heat and it comes in a wide variety of colors.
http://www.paintexhaustmanifold.com /
TDD
Kate wrote:

just use bbq paint, or high heat engine paint from the autoparts store. The stuff you were sold, probably won't burn, but it may bubble up and fall off.
Thank you very much for your help.