Rust-Oleum faux counter tops

My wife is always after me to put in granite counter tops and I'm running out of excuses.
Has anyone tried this yet?
http://www.rustoleumtransformations.com /
Jim
Add pictures here
✖

Keep telling your wife that granite looks just like dried vomit and maybe she will get over adding to the fad. Check out some of the latest home show/magazine sites for upscale kitchens. A number of them lately feature solid color counter tops that should not look dated in a few years. Mention also that some granite is radioactive, needs care and sealing, tends to break glass coffee pots, etc. If she still persists in her silliness, tell her that she can have the countertops if you can have a new (Powermatic cabinet saw, Corvette, bigger workshop)...pick one. Good luck.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

Sounds like you're jealous.

More excuses.

No problem. She got ~135sq ft of granite and I got a Unisaw and Delta drill press (Laguna bandsaw next, perhaps). Luck has nothing to do with it. ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 16, 4:40 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Good choice on tools. You're on a roll, man. Now convince her she can't live without color switchable pot lights all throughout the living room and the band saw is yours. Amazon had them listed a while back for a mere $130 or so IIRC. A really trick item for the avant-garde homemaker... Next tell her how much she needs a Kohler hat box toilet and matching vessel sink and the sky's the limit.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

Nah, she wants a Mustang convertible. Her car is going on 12 years old and I told her I want to wait to get closer to paying off the house (2-3 years is the plan). A few more trips to the mechanic and she won't be buying that logic, though.

We both hate vessel sinks. All the sinks (kitchen and four baths) are under-mount in granite.
Add pictures here
✖