Running wires near hot pi

J > In residential construction, should Wires/coax etc. be run above or J > below steam heat pipes? hot water heat pipes? Where can I find such J > information?

Aren't they supposed to be run through holes in the joists? (There were a few cringes from the electricians on my stapling the wires to the bottom.)

Anyway, I would tend to run the wiring below anything hot, mainly because if the wire drops/loosens then it would contact the hot surface, possibly melting the insulation and ZAP!!

  • Strange Meals: oyster cracker sandwich.
Reply to
barry martin

The insulation temperature rating of any wiring you are liable to use will be well above the temperatures of those kinds of pipes anyway.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia