Running wires near hot pi

J > In residential construction, should Wires/coax etc. be run above or J > below steam heat pipes? hot water heat pipes? Where can I find such J > information?
Aren't they supposed to be run through holes in the joists? (There were a few cringes from the electricians on my stapling the wires to the bottom.)
Anyway, I would tend to run the wiring below anything hot, mainly because if the wire drops/loosens then it would contact the hot surface, possibly melting the insulation and ZAP!!
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Strange Meals: oyster cracker sandwich.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
barry martin wrote:

The insulation temperature rating of any wiring you are liable to use will be well above the temperatures of those kinds of pipes anyway.
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)