run furnace without blower?

Page 2 of 2
Van Chocstraw wrote:

Really? I better unplug blower then, to save electricity. I hope you're joking, Eh?

Do not run the furnace without the blower. It will quickly overheat and trip the high temp limit switch, which will shut off the furnace. But each time you do that you stress the heat exchanger and run the risk of cracking it.
Besides, with the limit switch killing it in a few mins, I doubt you'd get enough heat to make any real difference.
That's been my experience, the customers I've talked with. Not enough heat output to make it worth the risks.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Advice from the only person dumber than ransley. Give it up Stormy. You are clueless. Bubba

Stormin insults no body, you bubba only insult, that is my take on worthless.
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:21:16 -0800 (PST), ransley

Whats wrong ransley? You just dont seem to play well with others. Did Bubba hurt pooor pooooor whittle ranzlezzzz whittle feewlings? Poor baby. Grow some nads you nit-wit. If you can't play in the big sand box, go home. Bubba

Hurt me no, you hurt yourself, shoot yourself in the foot you did.
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 03:33:13 -0800 (PST), ransley

If Im hurt, why is it you that is whinning that Ive kicked you? Bubba
Tony Hwang wrote:

He didn't ask for efficiency, he just wants some heat.
--
<<//--------------------\>>
Van Chocstraw

Thanks to all. I got a belt at 7:00, back in business. I just boiled some water on the stove, with a fan blowing out from the kitchen to spread the heat around. It didn't get as cold as I thought it would.

I love stories that have happy endings. Glad it worked out OK
I hope you bought two belts, and left the spare laying on the floor inside the furnace housing (or hung on a nail near the furnace). For next time.
Glad you found an alternate heat source.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If the wife unit has any pantyhose, see if she'll donate and old pair to the cause. Same as a "field repair" of a broken fan belt on your car.
nate