Rumors of my death ........

Page 1 of 2

have been seriously exaggerated.
Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice didn't work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big screen, and was talking to anyone who would talk with me.
All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great shape, everything okay five years after surgery.
BIG Sigh of relief.
Now, just have to find out what's causing the angina.
Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.
Life is good.
So far.
Steve

Good Luck Daveb
Nice to hear Steve I wish you a long and productive life.
On Fri, 04 May 2007 01:38:24 GMT, (DaveB) <> wrote:

Any morning you don't find yourself in the obituaries is a good one! Getting older is certainly an adventure. . .I keep wondering when my Wild Oats turned to Shreaded Wheat;-)
Hang in there!
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com
Going on 4 years since my heart attack.
Live long and prosper.
-Carl
--
"The original Carl"

Carl Byrns wrote:

You know that's Klingon for "Grow up and get a job!", Eh?
:-)
Good to hear!
Cheers trevor Jones

Thanks!
-Carl
--
"The original Carl"

Actually it's an old Vulcan proverb. The Klingons didn't wish anyone a long life....
Mark
Mark Tetrault wrote:

And if I was any kind of Trekkie, I'd have got it right in the first place.
DoH!
:-)
Cheers Trevor Jones

It's okay. It's like Homer Simpson said, any time I want to put something new in my brain, I have to kick out something old. Even a hard drive reaches capacity.
But it's amazing. I can remember minute unimportant things from thirty years ago, but go to the store for three items and have to call home twice.
Steve

"yIn nI' je chep" (Klingon translation of live long and prosper)
Course my favorite is "HIHIvqa' may' pequ' moH"
Its surprising how many people speak Klingon today.
http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/8007/Klngn.htm
http://www.klingon.org/resources/language.html
and so forth.
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

More accurately, it's a Vulcan farewell or good-bye.
(Doesn't a proverb tell a story?)

I have always wondered what their average lifespan was?
Years ago, during a conversation with another avid Treker, I said, "At least I don't dress up in costume and fake ears."
His reply? "Hey, watch it!!" (He obviously DID do those things!)
There appears to be a sizable hierarchy for this <news:alt.startrek.*>
--
:)
JR

Steve B wrote:

Never heard of you.
Good luck if you are ill.

I'm a legend in my own mind.
New here, eh?
Steve ;-)
Steve B wrote:

Yeah.
Get well soon, Steve. :-))

Thanks. But this is a lifelong deal. I write here often, as I do a lot of home repairs and have a lot of construction experience. Just try to help those looking for help.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

May God bless you. :-))
I'm sure He already has.

Had an angiogram on my lower right leg. Had two plaqued up peripheral arteries going to my foot. Enter the Silverhawk, cardiovascular surgeon's version of a drain snake with a cutting tip. 2 hours later plenty of contrast in those arteries where it was just a trickle. Seven weeks after that, I developed a PE from an upper arm vein and not a DVT luckily. I recommend a cat scan of your chest with contrast agent for that warm, fuzzy feeling all over :)
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007

I have the nuclear variety every year and an echo. It showed some abnormalities, hence this angiogram.
Steve

Good news Steve, Glad to have you back. You gotta keep busting your ass... People on welfare are depending on your hard work!!!
Be well,
Rob
Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.