Roofing and Siding...

Hello all. Please forgive me but I am very new when it comes to roofing and siding, however have a general question. I am in need of a tear down and rebuild of my roof, and interested in new Vinyl siding (about 2700 sq ft of it). I just had 2 estimates. One was for $14K the other for 16K. Wow I thought to myself. I know that this is very general, but would that be a correct ballpark price? Thanks
Sure why not, we just "Guessed" the size of your house too. How about we give you a painting and roof estimate also, 15000, is that OK?.
Get a couple more estimates from reputable contractors. Two aren't enough, IMO. Tom

It can run from about 13,900 to maybe 16,100, give or take a bit.
Factors in pricing: How many layers of tear-off, height of roof, pitch of roof, eaves, gully, flashing, dormers, height of siding, number of windows to trim, type and size of soffits, grade of materials, time of year, price of gas, distance from street, landscaping around the building, access for a trash container, local tipping fees for trash. Give us all of that and we can pinpoint the cost better.
Are you talking about 14K to 16K for both or each? How many squares is the roof how many layers, is it on plywood or planks, how much will they charge if it is necessary to replace rotten wood, how much wall tie in flashing are there any weird roof transitions? How long have they been in business? I sell roofs my company gives the strongest warranty in our area for example if you buy a 30 year shingle you get a 30 year warranty. (This is done in conjunction with the manufacturer) My advice is use a roofing company for the roof and a siding company for the siding. You can get a strong warranty from a well established company versus some guy who really needs you to buy from him.