Roof vents

I have a pitched roof with an 8 foot wide flat section at the top. I have plent of soffit opening but lack ventilation at the top of the roof. Given the flat top I'm assuming a ridge vent is out so I'm left with installing a number of conventional vent. Does anyone have an experience with these?
Thanks in advance,
Peter
Yes!