Roof coatings

Any suggestions for a flat roof in Tucson? Looking for something I can roll on a smooth roof that holds up well.
Al
Whatever you use, make sure the roof is clean, first. I've been using the least expensive white elastomeric coating available from Roof-ops on Grant between CC and Tucson. Tom in Tucson, too.

Tell me more about this stuff......
I'm living in a mobile in AZ. Can I apply this ( white ) coating over my roof shingles ? ???
<rj>
Can I apply this ( white ) coating over my roof shingles ? ???
you have to understand the ACTUAL waterproffing of a shingle roof is really the tar paper underneath. The shingles help protect the tar paper or rubber coating underneath the shingles.
if your shingle roof is already leaiing or detoriating no doubt the tar paper underneath iis bad too.
bad shingles means new roof. most shingles go 25 or 30 years so there are other issues like flashing that most likely are due for replacement
the other issues is that shingles lose gravel, so even a perfect coating over bad shingles will lose more gravel starting new leaks.
The original post said flat roof not shingle.... The application of shingles is not suggested below a 3 /12 pitch and that's pushin it

I don't claim to know anything about the heat on Tuscon because I have never been there nut how about an coating it then a layer of earth to protect the coating, it's becomming very popular but it's heavy and you need a little pitch for drainage ...(maybe yall have all sand ) from North Carolina..That was a wild guess by the way.

white or unfinished and then top coat in a white for better reflectivity (Helps in hot climates). Not a DIY project althogh I have done several as a DIYer I would not recomend it w/o doing a lot of homework. Torch is about $90. Material is not too expensive. Do not just get the rolled roofing at the blue or orange store.