Rolling Polyester Screen into Frame?

I got a vinyl coated polyester patio door screen, which is strong enough to be pet-stab proof, but it's very hard to roll/spline into the existing door frame.
The included roller tool got nowhere. I found the best substitute was rolling the round end of a 12" crescent wrench over the spline material, giving a lot of working leverage, but it was slow work. Better ideas?
The material to be pressed in is sort of asterisk-shaped in cross-section.
--
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

On the internet, nobody knows you\'re a jerk.
Ron Hardin wrote:

You have the wrong size of spline.
--

dadiOH

I have a cheap plastic tool which a rounded over arc on one end (creating a groove in screen) and a grooved arc on the other (pushing spline into created groove). Expereience and its a piece of cake, second nature. Not too tight, not too loose, all in the right spots. This means if its a window at the midpoints you can't have stress because the unsupported sides flex in, so different pressure than near the corners. Have to properly account for the creation of a groove in the screen itself too while positioning the screen in the right orientation. First window you'll re-do Not quite same with stronger frames. You can get it equal pressure throughout.

-

It sounds like you are using flat spline. Are you sure you have flst spline frames? (not a round channel) You use the grooved rooler end on flat spline, Roll the screen in, then start one edge of the spline and roll in the other.