Resurfacing Sink?

The porcelain has corroded (worn away) in my sink bowl and I am considering using a 2-part epoxy paint from HD to fix this problem. I'm only planning on doing the inside of the bowl and try to blend it in with the surrounding area. Does anyone have any experience doing this or other suggestions/thoughts? Thanks...

Reply to
Thomas Wunderlich

Unless it is an antique or a 'one of a kind', I would replace it vice trying to fix it. I don't think you will be able to make it look much better than it is now with paint.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Yes, that will work. It will look like crap, but it will work.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If there is something very special about it, I would have it professionally done. Most professional refinishers do a good job. It will not be as good or as durable as the original, but it will be good. DIY is usually poor. Fixing a single chip might be OK, but the whole thing is something else again.

Other than that I would replace it. In fact I have done that with two of the four sinks in my home already. The others will be replaced as they wear. I go solid porcelain sinks for replacement and they are going great. They cost a little more, but well worth it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Call a PRO to refinish it and it will look like new. Prep is the hard part of the job. Cheap=Cheap

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Reply to
chuckster

Is this a bathroom, kitchen or what?

A professional quality refinishing can hold up in a bathroom sink or tub for quite a few years.

However, it's a waste of time doing this with a kitchen sink, IMHO. There's typically much too much wear and tear from the metal and porcelain pots, pans, plates, cutlery etc. It's just more then these finishes can handle.

I'd simply replace the sink with a design and style of your choice.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

It is amazing how much effort and money some people will spend to save a few bucks and hours of work to do the job right!

Reply to
EXT

thanks for all of the comments and suggestions...my conclusion is to have it done professionally. thanks again...

Reply to
Thomas Wunderlich