Replacing fascia board and gutter: how hard?

The fascia board on our addition is rotting out. How hard is it to replace that and the gutter?
In this particular case, the gutter isn't too far off the ground (maybe 7 or 8 feet). It's not all that long, maybe 12-15 feet.
I'm pretty handy, but not all that experienced.

Easy done if you build up a low walkway and have help. Two people are ideal for handling long pieces of lumber which you will need. Current good building practice is to use 2 x 6 fascia for strength and endurance. Makes hanging gutters much easier, but costs a bit more. Stainless screws in the rafter tails will last many years, too.
Joe

Say what? I've never seen a 2 by used for fascia. For endurance I would use 1" in vinyl.

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 05:16:16 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Sure, a 1x isn't much to hang a gutter on.

Sister the rafter ends?

2 peop;e make this easy, while only 1 will be struggling. But find out why the present board is rotting before proceeding.

It can be unbelievably simple or the job from hell. If the roof line is truly straight where the board attaches it is easy. As another poster mentioned, scabbing a rotten tail or three is no big deal, just scribe and cut them.
If not you may have to finesse the board to get a tight fit.
The gutters are easy if you use the concealed hanger brackets. The old style nails and ferules don't have much bite in a 3/4" board.
--
Colbyt

The reason gutter spikes were so long was for nailing into the rafter/trusses.