Replacing central heat and air... need advice

Have been given a price of $6000 to replace my old 3 ton unit with new Lennox 13 seer system. Is that price in the ballpark or am I being taken to the cleaners? Thanks, George Savannah, GA
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

For a 13-SEER, WOW! I would get bids on a lot of makes and then make certain the installer is first rate! How is a matched system going to pay for itself in savings at that price?
--
Crank Your Air-Conditioner Up To Specs
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditioner-capacity-seer.html
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sounds high for most of the U.S. Get another couple of bids.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I would suggest additional bids and remember that it is the installer, not the brand of the unit that is most important.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Good advice. Made a couple of phone calls and found a 12 SEER Bryant in the $3500 range, reputable dealer too. Doubt 1 SEER will make too much difference. If I could have gotten a twin to what I have, (cools and heats and has for 23 years), I would have bought it at 6 SEER. Thanks, GeoW

WAY high. Even for Lemmox stuff.
Just put in a new Trane unit, 14SEER heat pump, complete split for about half that.