Repairing wall to wall carpet

I am planning to sell my home. To that end, I have done a lot of work on the house, including new carpet. For a number of reasons, I had to live in the house several months after the new carpet was installed, and as a result there are several obvious indentations in the pile, one from where a lazy boy chair has sat right in the middle of the living room. House is not yet on the market, and when it is it will be empty, so the chair etc will not be there to "hide" the damage. I have tried "combing" the pile back up, sucking it with the shop vac, etc, unfortunately I think the pad is permanently dented in these areas. I have an unused section of the carpet left over from the installation. I am wondering if a GOOD carpet guy could come in (GOOD, as opposed the moron who did this install & actually CARPETED OVER the keyhole for the fireplace gas jets), cut out the depressed section (about 3' square) replace the pad & sew in a new piece from the left over material so the repair would be more or less invisible. Anyone have any idea? Because the area is so prominent, it really looks like crap & pretty much un-does the "new carpet" look.
TIA
Dan
Hi,
If the carpet is manmade fibre (not wool) then place an ice cube on each indentation and let it melt in.
(I know it sounds a bit mad but it does really work!!!.)
--
Marcus

I like people, they are bio-degradable !.
Dan wrote:

A little steam seems to do the job.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

What about "mixing" the two and just using water?