Repair leaky porch roof

I have a semi-flat porch roof that has 3 skylights. I have developed several leaks under one of the skylights. I have tried several times to caulk and seal but to no avail, the leaks are winning out. I had a huge ice dam in my gutters and have removed all of the ice in the gutter, but I still have a 3 inch cap of ice on the roof. Once the ice and snow has melted off the roof, I will be pulling back the shingles and surveying the damage.

I guess what I need is a good sealer and/or repair scheme.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bud Smith

Forget that first idea. You will never seal it. It is time for a roof repair/replace with careful attention to why you get ice dams and the flashings on those skylights.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Joe wrote: > Forget that first idea. You will never seal it. It is time for a roof

Joe's right, and make sure the skylights are "curb-mounted" on 2x6's, with _proper_ flashing. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

"I have a semi-flat porch roof" "I will be pulling back the shingles"

It may be the roof covering, rather than the skylights is the root cause of the problem. This consideration should be part of the investigation Mr. Meehan suggests.

TB

Reply to
Tom Baker