removing thompson's water seal.

I have an old, weathered door that I'm working on, and on which I put a coat of thompson's water seal at my client's request. Now I want to go a different direction.
Has anyone successfully taken thompson's off before? I hear it's as crappy a product as you can imagine.
--
Uno

Take it to one of those furniture stripping services. They ought to be able to get that miserable Thompsons off. Failing that, inform the client that his bad choice will mean a door replacement. Its a tough one, good luck with making anything on the job.
Joe
In typed:

Since it soaks into the wood well, probably only sanding or planing will do any kind of reasonable job. Or, use something non-transparent.