Removing silicone caulk

How can silicone be removed from around an rv window so it can be properly sealed with butyl. Complete removal is necessary so other material can seal.

On my house, I use razor blades w/ razor blade holder/handle. Score a line around the window gasket,then lay a razor blade flat and just peel it up. There may be chemicals to do this, but they are likely strong, and may damage the window seal, or damage the glass.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (PBitschura) wrote in message

I had the same problem with a fish tank. I used a very sharp razor blade. perfect
A heat gun on the low setting should help out quite a bit.