Removing glue from bricks.

I'm remodeling our family room. The house was built in the mid 60's. Sometime in the early 70's the previous owner added a family room onto the house. The house is a brick ranch and the contractor built 3 walls and roofed it and they left the other wall brick. The contractor glued a wooden valance to the brick, and now I want to removed the valance because it had to be replaced due to age. I'm having a hard time removing the glue. It's black and it almost looks like dried tar. Any ideas on how to remove the glue without doing harm to the bricks?

Reply to
cudagtx

yea...cover them with drywall it will not harm the bricks at all....

but seriously this stuff does not come off bricks. Its not like tar it IS tar. Even sand blasting does not work for this because the tar is still soft enough to take the brunt of the sand and all you get are pockets of holes that are really inconsistant which looks horriabe. And no you cant use a chemical remover because as it loosens the tar the liquid seaps into the joints and stains them FOREVER..

cudagtx wrote:

Reply to
Italian Mason