Removing dried latex paint from stained trim

Painting a window yesterday, I accidentally got a bit of white latex primer on some surrounding trim, light brown stained pine (just stain, no lacquer, etc). (basically, the edge of the brush grazed the trim in one spot, so it's not like a drip that can be easily chipped off. Is there any way to remove this paint, short of sandpaper or a chisel? Tried one of those "Mr. Clean Magic Erasers", NOGO. I'm wondering if there's any solvent that might work?

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan

"Goof-Off" will usually remove latex, even when dry. Any hardware store will sell it. However, it's pretty volatile. It might also take off some of the stain from the trim, or leave a stain of its own. I'd suggest trying it on an inconspicuous place to make sure the cure isn't worse than the disease.

Reply to
Seth Goodman

Thanks Seth!

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I have used alcohol (denatured shellac thinner) Works great. WW

Reply to
Warren Weber

Warren-Worth a shot since I have some, thanks.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Reply to
nospambob

We have had good luck using Formula 409 but not on unfinished wood. Hot soapy water on a rag might do it. Doubt you can get it all without some sinking into the unfinished wood. If you have some of the stain, you can touch it up.

Reply to
Norminn

Try rubbing it off with plastic scrubber first.

Reply to
Norminn

Very hot water...let the paint soak a little...it may then come off with your fingernail.

Reply to
jtees4