removing concrete

I have a new home and have discovered two clogged drains, both are buried in cement. one is partially clogged with cement and the other is solidly clogged with tar during coating work. Both drains are PVC. how do I remove it other than roto rooter which has already failed.
what does your builder say?
Seeing this all the time. My kids just bought a new home in a subdivision. The concrete finish both inside and out is just plain lousy. Skilled workers are so scarce that anyone with a strong back becomes a finisher. The gal that cuts you hair has more certification & training than the formers and finishers. Crete is slopped into drains (covers are supposed to have a knock out on them to prevent just this). It is slopped into the holes punched for trap seal primers. Finishers do not install poly under the concrete and never use styrofoam board under the slab. Once concrete sets in drains or traps due to slop and overflow, it must be taken out the next day, anything more means that you will be jackhammering up floors and replacing drain lines.

I'd call up the inspections department and ask for the supervisor of the guy who signed off on the CO.

Take them to court if they don't fix it right.
Hwever, if I had t fix it myself I wonder if muratic acid is OK on PVC....
<Hwever, if I had t fix it myself I wonder if muratic acid is OK on PVC>
Thats not a problem provided ALL lines are PVC, any cast iron ones would be a big problem.acid wqould attack the cast iron...
Muriatic acid is used to clean toilet bowl rim holes from hard water deposits. did that myself just recently fixing a toilet for a friend that hadnt worked for years