Remove scratch from new laminate foolring?

I have discovered a relatively obscure 4" scratch in my new laminate flooring. Dang! Is there any was to obscure or remove this? Probably not, but I thought I would ask.
Duke

Bout the only thing yo can do is color it to match.
snipped-for-privacy@eldorado.com wrote:

It is probably more obvious to you than to anyone else, unless it is in a spot where it 'leaps out' when light hits it at the right angle. On real wood, wiping the scratch with the same color of a gel stain (I use Minwax brand, but there are others), does a lot to hide it. Is your top layer wood or plastic? If plastic, not sure the freshly-exposed surface would absorb any stain, but for five bucks, it may be worth a try.
Having said that, I would not worry too much about it. You will have more scratches eventually. It is like the first parking lot ding on a new car.
--
aem sends...

I've never tried it on laminate flooring, but Old English works well on wood: http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/sf2_scratch.shtml
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 04:47:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@eldorado.com wrote:

Minwax makes scratch repair pencils.
Once on a black laminate I used a black permanent marker - worked great for a very light scratch. Another time, on a maple honey cabinet I used shoe polish in Oxford color.
All were minor scratches and no deep gouges.