Remove scratch from new laminate foolring?

I have discovered a relatively obscure 4" scratch in my new laminate flooring. Dang! Is there any was to obscure or remove this? Probably not, but I thought I would ask.

Duke

Reply to
jw

Bout the only thing yo can do is color it to match.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It is probably more obvious to you than to anyone else, unless it is in a spot where it 'leaps out' when light hits it at the right angle. On real wood, wiping the scratch with the same color of a gel stain (I use Minwax brand, but there are others), does a lot to hide it. Is your top layer wood or plastic? If plastic, not sure the freshly-exposed surface would absorb any stain, but for five bucks, it may be worth a try.

Having said that, I would not worry too much about it. You will have more scratches eventually. It is like the first parking lot ding on a new car.

Reply to
aemeijers

I've never tried it on laminate flooring, but Old English works well on wood:

John Grabowski

Minwax makes scratch repair pencils.

Once on a black laminate I used a black permanent marker - worked great for a very light scratch. Another time, on a maple honey cabinet I used shoe polish in Oxford color.

All were minor scratches and no deep gouges.

Reply to
Oren