Remove Printing off PVC pipe???

Wife wants to use short portions of PVC (I think, it's white) pipe for some art project, how do I get the printing off pipe. I thought Alcohol would work, but it doesn't. Also tried "goof off" and latex paint remover, no luck. Obviously I could sand it off, but don't want to do that, too much work.
Any ideas?

The clear primer for pvc pipe will usually work. Use in an well vented area, outside
On 17 Nov 2004 06:08:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (rotation slim) wrote:

Brillo or SOS soap pads and water will take it off pretty easily.
BB
How about denatured alcohol?

The best thing is the clear PVC cleaner. I haven't really found anything else that works. Wear rubber gloves and wipe it with a rag. The daubber just smears the dye around. Do this outside, the fumes are horrible and it will burn your skin. If you really need a lot it might be better to find a place than sells "uncertified/labelled" pipe to the furniture industry.
Re: Remove Printing off PVC pipe???
Acetone & a white cotton rag, I've done it often.
Bob

He already said alcohol didn't work.
Acetone will.

OK! I forgot about acetone.

I just looked and Acetone is the main ingredient in the PVC cleaner.along with MEK

Yep. Which is why I stopped buying PVC cleaner many years ago, and switched to pure acetone. It works just as well, and it's a *lot* cheaper (about the same price per quart as the PVC cleaner is per half-pint).
By the way... Chemically, they're almost the same anyway. MEK is methyl ethyl ketone. Acetone is methyl methyl ketone.